miƩrcoles, 22 de agosto de 2007

PRONOUNS


PRONOUNS

I, YOU, HE, SHE IT, YOU THEY, WE,

We use subject personal pronouns before a verb instead of name of a person or a noun. They replace the names. For instance:
Eduardo, Ivan and Juan Manuel are doctors. They are doctors.

We always write I with a capital letter. Example
He’s Jack and I’m Steve.
We use he for a man or boy. Example
Tony he
We use she for a woman or girl. Example
Sheila she
We use it for a thing, animal or object. Example
a table it
We also use it for an animal whose sex we do not know. Example
a tiger it
If the animal is our pet or we know its sex we can use he or she. Example
This is my dog Rex. He is one year old.
We use they in the plural for people, animals or things. Example
Tom and Ann = They, Three cats=they Two tables=they

1 comentario:

Juan Ignacio Botero Duque dijo...

I think this is a good way to complement what is done in class. Having that in mind, I would suggest to post more listening and reading material so the students may practice at home these receptive skills. Regards